Monday, February 28, 2011

Paper and Pencil

Howdy, Writers!
Today I wanted to put in a plug for two of my very best friends: Paper and Pencil. There's something magical about the scratch of sharpened graphite on an empty sheet that makes me so happy. I don't mind all the scratching out I do, all the misspellings, all the smudges and false starts. That's the beauty of the writing process right there in front of your eyes instead of tidied away by computer programs. Don't get me wrong, I could not live without word processing, but feeling the words get pulled from your brain through your arm and out the end of your pencil can be fascinating, magnetic, and uncanny.
I love a piece of paper and a pencil right before bed, when my guard is let down. Wonderful weird things happen. You should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment